THE STORY OF TAYLOR'S
Taylor’s is one of the oldest of the original port Houses. It was founded in 1692 by an english wine merchant by the name of Job Bearsley. In 1744 Bearsley family became the first English wine merchants to buy a property in the Douro Valley where the port vineyards are located. In 1893, Taylor’s purchased fine and famous Port vineyard estates, Quinta de Vargellas.Over the years, Taylor’s has built a reputation as the finest producer of vintage port as well as the leading producer of cask-aged tawny ports.